2/20/2003

James Earl Jones: "[W]e should've finished that war the first time."

James Earl Jones, speaking at UNC Pembroke on Tuesday [link via Instapundit]:
Jones, a former Army officer [emphasis mine--KL], drew perhaps the biggest round of applause after the subject turned to America's showdown with Iraq. He said that war is sometimes necessary.

"All people have to be prepared," Jones said. "If we are going to be the police, we also have to be the guardians. We can no longer play games. I was not against the war in Bosnia. I was against it taking so long. I was not against the war in Somalia. Again, it took too long, and we didn't finish the job. We should've stayed and finished the job. About this pending war, I just think we should've finished that war the first time."
I'd say Jones more than counterbalances the opinions of the featherweights in Berlin mentioned below.

No comments: