12/16/2003

LOTR "Race the Boxoffice" update:

Looks like I'm going to have to concede defeat. Just to the stairs of Cirith Ungol, about 50 pages shy of the end of the 4th book, and I don't see how I can finish all of "Return of the King" tonight. I'll take a stab at it, though my pre-ROTK time might be better served watching the extended Towers video than reading a text I suspect is in peril of being adapted in somewhat ham-handed fashion. Sounds like I'm pre-bashing, eh? Not really. I'm looking forward to the Paths of the Dead and Pelennor Fields, at least, and though the clip I saw of Pippin with the Palantir could best be described as devouring the scenery, I have to keep in mind that I saw that clip deprived of dramatic context. Anyway, it's not like I can pretend I'm not geeked about the whole thing, I just want to be prepared in case Arwen shows up with a sword somewhere.

No comments: